What part does the subject teacher have in meeting my child’s needs?
All teachers at All Saints’ Academy are expected to accommodate students with additional needs. Teachers have a responsibility to familiarise themselves with the needs of individual students in their classes. They are expected to plan differentiated lessons to ensure that all students in the class can make progress.
Additional provision may include:
- Using strategies suggested in the ‘pen portrait’
- Presenting information and tasks differently for students with SEND
- Additional 1:1 support to access and complete set tasks
- Directing TA support where it is available
- Seating plans and classroom organisation to accommodate needs
- Providing additional resources appropriate to individual needs
- Liaising with SENDCo as necessary