Head of Business Studies
All Saints’ Academy, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
Principal: Mr Dermot McNiffe
Head of Business Studies
Start date: 22nd February 2021
Salary: Teachers Main / Upper Pay Scale (£25,714 - £41,604 per annum) plus TLR 2B £4,783 per annum
Hours of work: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term Maternity Cover contract
Closing date: 9 am Tuesday 24th November 2020
We are seeking to appoint a creative, enthusiastic and inspiring Head of Department to lead our friendly and outstanding Business Studies team. The department currently has over 250 learners doing a range of qualifications such as; Edquas GCSE Business, L2 Cambridge Nationals in Business and Enterprise, Cambridge Technical in Business Level 3 and A-level Business following the Eduqas specification.
Our second Good Ofsted judgement reported:
• All Saints’ Academy is an inclusive school.
• Leaders and directors have been successful in improving pupils’ life chances by ensuring that they have achieved well in recent years.
• Staff hold fast to the school’s values and ethos, which unite them in their drive to improve standards.
• There is a clear determination to support pupils and their families to overcome barriers.
Sponsored by the Anglican Diocese of Gloucester, we are an Academy serving at the heart of our local community. All Saints’ Academy has a Life Vision, ‘Where every member of our extended family realise their God-given potential, inspired by John 10:10. Jesus said 'I have come so you may have life in all its fullness'.
We are an inclusive Church Academy who welcomes applications from all denominations and those of none.
What we offer:
- The Academy is in an attractive new building, within easy access to Cheltenham,Tewkesbury and the M5 with onsite catering facilities
- Entry into the Teachers’ Pension scheme
- Free access to the onsite gym facility
- Access to our Employee Assistance Scheme
- Free onsite parking
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and a completed Teaching Staff Application Form to Katie Jordan, HR Manager at email@example.com
Interviews maybe held remotely depending on government guidelines at the time of interview. Full details will be emailed to the shortlisted candidates.
All Saints’ Academy is committed to ensure that all applicants and employees are given equal opportunities and that no applicants or employees are discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender reassignment, race, disability, pregnancy or maternity, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, age or religion and belief.