CREATIVE MEDIA BTEC
The Edexcel Level 3 BTEC Nationals in Media Production have been developed:
• To give learners the opportunity to gain an understanding of employment opportunities, job requirements, and working practices in the media industry
• To enable learners to start building the technical skills and knowledge relevant to a sector (or sectors) of the media industry
• To provide a qualification which will enable progression to further study
• To enable learners to make informed choices with regards to a career in the media industry, training or employment
• To develop media technology skills that may be applicable in other work situations.
Students will need an enthusiasm for and understanding of the way Media works in the world today, from television and film, radio, magazines and newspapers, video games and the music industry. Regular reading of a national daily newspaper and access to DVD/Internet will enhance understanding needed for the course.
This qualification can lead to higher education and careers in journalism, television, radio, advertising, video gaming, the music industry, film and any number of creative industries.
In order to achieve an Edexcel Level 3 BTEC National Award in Media Production (Television and Film) learners must complete the two core units, an online assessment and an extended film-making project.
Grade 3 or preferably higher in Media Studies or English Language; some IT experience would also be desirable.