Beauty Therapy Studies
BEAUTY THERAPY STUDIES (VTCT LEVEL 3)
Beauty Therapy covers a wide range of employment opportunities in one of the fastest growing industries worldwide. It includes jobs in salons, hotels, fitness centres, airlines and cruise ships, as well as freelance Beauty Therapy and Cosmetic Development jobs plus many more. This course is a great stepping stone to study Beauty Therapy at university.
During this course you will develop skills required in the beauty industry and it will provide you with the ability to perform advanced beauty treatments. The course meets industry requirements and will prepare you to work in a variety of salon environments. The course involves performing and receiving all treatments.
• Indian Head Massage
• Stone therapy
• Promote and sell products and services
• Contribute to the effective running of a business
• Client care and consultation.
• Anatomy and physiology for the face and body systems
• Swedish massage
• History and origins of massage therapies
• Health and safety in the salon
• Externally set and internally marked graded practical assessments (50% of qualification grade)
• Externally set and marked examinations (30% of qualification grade)
• Externally set and internally marked graded synoptic assessment (20% of qualification grade)
Level 2 Beauty Therapy is preferred however not a necessity. Outstanding communication and people skills are vital along with a good work ethic and willingness to perform treatments on students, staff and visitors. GCSE grade 5 or above in English and Maths or working towards these as well as s good understanding of Science.