How does All Saints’ Academy involve students with SEN in their education?
For all students
- On arrival at All Saints’ Academy new Y7 students create their own ‘Personal Profile’. This provides them with the opportunity to share both their educational and wider hopes for the future, their strengths and areas for development. The document will go on to be included in their Record of Achievement and may be the basis of subsequent mentor sessions.
- Students have a mentor and review meeting with their associate tutor, the number of sessions increases as students reach the end of Y10 and into Y11
- Students are expected to attend parents evening with parents whenever possible.
Additionally for students with SEN
- For those with a Statement/EHC plan their views are sort prior to and as part of the annual review process. Discussion of these views forms an important part of the review meeting, particularly when discussing ongoing difficulties and concerns. Students are strongly encouraged to suggest ideas for improving situations and every effort is made to accommodate suggestions.
- A copy of the personal profile for all SEN students is provided to the SENCo to support subsequent discussions
SEN students are encouraged to participate in all discussions and meetings around their needs and difficulties (unless requested otherwise by carers)