Pupil Premium 2013-14
Summer 2013 – All Saints’ Academy Pupil Premium Students make outstanding progress.
Congratulations to all PP students in Y11 2012-2013 who achieved record-breaking results in August 2013.
- 57% of PP students achieved 3+ levels progress in English (compared to 41% in 2011-2012)
- 35% of PP students achieved 3+ levels progress in Maths (compared to 25% in 2011-2012)
- 37% of PP students achieve the benchmark of 5 A*-C grades including English and Maths (compared to 20% in 2011-2012)
Value-added: for PP students - Summer 2013 was 1009.5 (compared to ASA Summer 2012 984.5. National value added for PP 2012-2013 was 983.2)
- The Pupil Premium is a sum of money provided to the Academy to support students that have historically fallen short of obtaining good examination grades.
- It is up to the Academy as to how this money is spent but we have to account for it and advise how we intend to spend it.
- The coalition government have promised that it will increase each year of this parliament.
Number of students that qualify for Pupil Premium:
2013 - 2014
In the Academic Year 2013-2014 we received £262,800
Monies will be spent on the following during this academic year:
- Extra English and Maths teachers in departments; extra lessons per fortnight in English and Maths
- Y7 and Y8 Intervention groups
- Senior Leader attached to Pupil Premium and other Assistant Principals attached to specific year groups
- Maths Tuition
- Additional non-Core staff who have capacity in English and/or Maths as well
- Staff with responsibilities to mentor/track PP students
- The Rock – students with social issues; behavioural concerns
- Gloucester Rugby Mentoring
- Revision Days / half term revision – staffing and resources
- Academic Trips and Events
- Whole year group rewards e.g. Ice Skating; Counselling groups
Individual Student Need(s):
- “response” money for individual students;
- Additional equipment e.g. Hair & Beauty / Construction
And continued support of Accelerated Reader, Accelerated Maths, Literacy Champions, Numeracy Champions, Attendance Officer (2012 - 2013)