Pupil Premium 2012-13
In the Academic Year 2012-13 we received £180,000
Monies will be spent on the following during this academic year:
1. Extra Teaching Staffing In English and Mathematics.
By providing extra teachers above the numbers required this enabled students to:
Be taught in smaller groups thus giving more individual care and attention.
Allow ‘fine’ setting of groups.
2. The provision of an Intervention Class in Year 7 and 8 (Phase 1 & 2)
Out of the intervention group in year 7 X students were linked to the Pupil Premium
Out of the intervention group in year 8 X students were linked to the Pupil Premium
The intervention class targets students that arrive at the Academy at or below Level 3. With intensive support literacy and numeracy levels improve so that students can access the full curriculum.
3. Extra support for students to gain their C or above grade in Maths GCSE
The Academy has set up a programme of intense immersion for students in year 10 , 11 and 12/13 to concentrate on their Maths GCSE course and obtaining a C or better grade.
- Purchase of Accelerated Reader programme and extra reading resources.
For students in Years 7/8 (Phase 1 & 2) and identified students linked to pupil premium with low reading ages to support literacy development.
- 5. Purchase of Accelerated Maths programme
For students in Years 7/8 (Phase 1 & 2) and identified students linked to pupil premium with low maths progress to support numerical development.
- 6. Appointment of Literacy Champions to ‘drive’ literacy across all subject areas.
Each curriculum area will have a staff member who supports, drives and develops literacy in the subject area particularly with subject specific literacy needs.
- 7. Appointment of Numeracy Champions to ‘drive’ numeracy across all subject areas.
Each curriculum area will have a staff member who supports, drives and develops numeracy in the subject area and helps staff and students grow in confidence in numeracy.
- 8. Appointment of an Attendance Officer
The attendance officer will support our Attendance Admin person and House Achievement Leaders in reducing the number of persistent absences.
- 9. IMPROVE English/Maths groups
These classes occur in Years 7, 8 and 9. The aim is to boost the English and Mathematical skills of all students. They are part of the curriculum experience for each child in Years 7 & 8.
- 10. Additional Teaching Assistant support in English and Maths
To allow more support in class and withdrawal of individuals or small groups.