Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: Grade L Pay Points 43 - 49 (£38,237 - £43,821 per annum)(Salary may be negotiable depending on experience)
Hours of work: Full time, all year round, permanent
Closing date: 9am Monday 13th August 2018
Potential Interview Date: Tuesday 21st August 2018
The Governors of this popular Academy are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and experienced Business Manager to be responsible for all aspects of financial management and resources. You will work with the Principal, Senior Leadership Team and Governors to drive the continued financial success, marketing and growth of the Academy.
As Business Manager at All Saints’ Academy you will be part of a dynamic Senior Leadership Team who are passionate about Academy improvement. Under the outstanding leadership of Dermot McNiffe, Principal, the senior team have been instrumental in leading the Academy to be one of the best performing non-selective secondary schools in the Cheltenham and Tewkesbury area 2017. The Academy is rated as “Good” with outstanding features included in the latest Ofsted report (Nov, 2014).
As Business Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing the financial function of the Academy
- Financial planning and development
- Implementation of financial procedures
- Identification and the administration of additional funding streams to enhance the growth and facilities of the Academy
- Identifying growth opportunities for site and community facilities
- Line management of premises, catering, cleaning and other appropriate support functions.
We are looking to appoint a Business Manager with the following experience:
- Appropriate accountancy experience and qualifications i.e. CA, ACA, ACCA or CIPFA.
- A good understanding and effective use of MIS, financial processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of facilities management and Health & Safety
- An understanding of school management issues and the role of the Governing Body
Applicants are welcome to make an appointment to visit the academy prior to submitting their application. If you wish to make an appointment, please email Miss K Hand, PA to the Principal, in the first instance at firstname.lastname@example.org . Further information including the academy prospectus can be found at www.asachelt.org
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
The application pack and further information can be downloaded from the academy website. Applications should be returned to Mrs. J. Williams, HR Administrator, by 9am on Monday 13th August 2018.
All candidates must complete the application form giving FULL details of qualifications achieved including grades awarded.
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to produce original certificates when they attend interview.
Letter of Application
To be addressed to Mr Dermot McNiffe, Principal of All Saints’ Academy.
Candidates are requested to write a letter of application detailing how their skills and experience are suited to lead the business function of the Academy and contribute to the ongoing success and growth of All Saints’ Academy.
The letter should be no more than two sides of A4 font size 11 Arial.