SPORT BTEC LEVEL 3
The content of this qualification has been developed in consultation with academics to ensure that it supports progression to higher education. In addition, employers and professional bodies have been involved and consulted, in order to confirm that the content is also appropriate and consistent with current practice for students choosing to enter employment directly in the sport sector.
The following mandatory units must be taken:
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Wellbeing
• Professional Development in the Sport Industry
• *Sports Leadership (*Diploma option)
In addition, students choose optional units from a range that has been designed to support choices in progression to sport courses in HE. They cover content areas such as:
- Application of fitness testing
- Sport psychology
- Practical sports performance
- Sports leadership.
- *Sports Event Organisation (*Diploma option)
- *Coaching for Sports Performance (*Diploma option)
• Single option block (one A-Level) or
• Double option block (one and half A-Levels)
• Assignment based
• Practical units, coaching others, work experience
• Local primary schools
Assignment based ongoing over the 2 years. Various methods of assessment such as: written exam, practical, written work, presentations and witness statements.
Minimum of grade C at GCSE or Merit at BTEC Level 2. Ideally 5s in Maths and English and a C in Science.