Special Educational Needs
The ‘Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years’ defines special educational provision as ‘additional to or different from that made generally for others of the same age. This means provision that goes beyond the differentiated approaches and learning arrangements normally provided’
‘Where pupils are falling behind or making inadequate progress given their age and starting point they should be given extra support’.
At All Saints’ Academy we use a graduated approach to meeting the additional needs of our students. This includes those who have been identified as requiring support for Additional Educational Needs (AEN) as well as those who have been formally assessed by the Local Authority and who have a Statement of Special Educational Need (Statement) or an Education, Health and Social Care plan (EHC plan).
All Saints' Academy School Offer - SEND Information report
Please click on a question below to find out an answer to your question:
- How does All Saints’ Academy know or find out if your child has special educational needs (SEND)?
- How do you include parents and students when planning support?
- How do the school teach and support children with SEND?
- Who will be working with my child?
- How do we make sure that all relevant teachers and other staff who work with your child know about their additional needs?
- What part does the subject teacher have in meeting my child’s needs?
- What intervention programmes do you run and do you have particular areas of expertise?
- What other services does the school use to help meet the needs of students?
- How does the Academy support some of the practical, social and emotional issues that may arise from my child’s additional needs?
- Do students with SEND have the same access to facilities and extra-curricular activities as students who do not have additional need?
- How do you keep in touch with carers to discuss and review progress towards target out comes?
- How does All Saints’ Academy involve students with SEND in their education?
- What courses do you offer for students with SEND?
- How do you assess and evaluate the provision put in place for my child?
- How do you prepare to welcome and support students as they move from one stage of education to the next?
- Where can you find All Saints’ Academy SEND Policy?
- How is the SEN governor involved with SEND at the Academy?
- What can you do if you are not happy with the SEND arrangements for your child?
- How can you arrange a visit to All Saints’ Academy?
- What should I do if I wish to find out more about SEND provision at All Saints’ Academy?
The complete SEND report can be downloaded below.